Mittwoch, 28. September 2016

Tattoos -- Beautiful and Separating

Historical tattoos: Maori
Ink. Peikern. Tatau. A traditional art -- more than a decoration. They are less individual than rather a confession of social connections. They are a sign of identification and commitment.
What does it mean for us today?
In our society, they are entirely individualistic. No commitment, just identification with a desired style, person, myth or theme. Maybe to a Nation, mostly Japan, without being part of this Nation. A symbol of detachment.
Japanese tattoos
What does it mean for us to be tattooed? Some feel it as a protection, some enjoy the very process and can't stop. Some enjoy to have their favourite picture as a constantly present icon.
But what if you change?
And you will change, as you grow. I hope for everyone to be in constant personal growth.
How can you redefine yourself when you need to?
You might prefer to be a model.
Hm, difficult. Tattoos may be out of fashion some day.
Versatility rules.

My Slave Has Never been Tatooed and I like it. Why?

My husband's back --
painted by me
He used to be mine for 17 years -- he is someone else's sub now, but still my husband and my love with whom I live. He was mine, and his skin was mine. I was able to paint him to my pleasure.
I have another sub now -- with my husband's approval.
He is tattooed with a large picture, covering the left half of his back and parts of his leg.
I find that it builds up a barrier. He cannot fully give himself to me. He defined himself in a way that he chose -- free to do so, of course. But it is a choice with unwanted effect in a BDSM-relationship. I don't whip him, I whip his tattoo.
And it creates a subtle separation.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Ich freue mich auf Deine Meinung!

Tag 31: Was sind deine nächsten Ziele, und welche Schritte stehen dir als Nächstes bevor?

  #charactersofoctober #desschreiberswildeträume Fido: Mein Ziel ist es, den Kurs der Annäherung von Menschen und Thieren weiter zu verfo...